Each year the union offers study grants (on a rand-for-rand basis, maximum R4000) to 50 valid applicants drawn after the closing date (members or their children). There are no strings attached. Recipients will not be required to pay off their grants in cash or service. The qualifying criteria are:
– Applicants must be Sasbo members in good standing.
– If the required grant is for a child, at least one parent must be a Sasbo member in good standing.
– The student must be in his / her second year of the study – or beyond – at a recognised tertiary educational institution.
– Student’s previous year’s results
– Proof of current year’s registration
– Proof of the current year’s fees paid or payable
– Applications will re-open in October 2015